The police officer background investigation process can take approximately four to six months. Applicants must:
- Complete an interest card.
- You will attend an in-person MPD Prospect Day during which you will take part in the following events:
- Body Fat Screening
- Physical Ability Test
- Document Screening
- Fingerprinting and Photograph
- All candidates who successfully complete the four components above will then complete their National Testing Network FrontLine National Written Exam at 1 pm.
NOTE: Candidates who have previously taken the FrontLine National Written Exam, within one year, at any testing location are exempt from retaking the examination on MPD Prospect Day.
- Complete the Personal History Statement through our online system “eSOPH” to begin the background investigation process (criminal checks, references, employment, social media checks, etc.).
- Take a polygraph examination.
- Undergo a comprehensive background investigation.
- Submit to a medical and psychological evaluation and undergo a comprehensive background investigation.
- Receive MPD review and approval.